Meet Dr. Tara Salay
Welcome! My name is Tara, I’m a doctor of physical therapy, a yoga teacher, and someone who strives to live a holistic lifestyle.
My story starts in my career as a physical therapist. Here I chose to specialize in treating patients with pelvic health issues which led me to seeing many patients who were dealing with chronic issues.
After working with this population for a few years, I began to feel like there was a missing piece for these patients. I felt that people would see more progress if they had the ability to work on the mind, body, soul connection which I feel leads to long term healing.
I wanted to be able to offer my patients healing on a deeper level (not just physical) which led me to my yoga teacher training.
Throughout my yoga teacher training, I experienced a personal transformation which may sound dramatic, but that’s the best way I can describe it. Practicing yoga in a way beyond just exercising the physical body awakened my spiritual side. The crazy part is that before this, I had no idea how disconnected I was. Through this spiritual awakening and working on my own mind, body, soul connection, I really changed my entire outlook on life which has really helped me with my own mental health issues that I face.
From here, I knew I needed to share my knowledge on a larger scale. While I still support modern medicine and have extensive knowledge on keeping the physical body healthy from my time treating as a physical therapist, I now see that true healing comes from rediscovering the connection with your soul. The body, mind, and soul are all connected and all play a role in your healing journey.
I want to help you to be able to experience the amazing healing effects that can happen when you break through limiting beliefs and find what resonates with you on a deep level.
Some personal facts so you can get to know me more..
- I live on Long Island with my husband (Scott) and our three dogs (Tyson, Hunter, and Macy).
- I absolutely love Mother Earth; reconnecting with her has also played a large role in my own self healing.
- I’ve suffered with OCD since I was a child and while I still have “OCD,” between yoga and therapy, I have more power over it than ever before.
- For my own fitness routine, I do practice more physical based yoga but weight training is my main go to for exercise.
- I’m extremely passionate about helping animals and our environment.
I hope to have a positive impact on everyone here.
Tara is also a yoga ambassador for Radect Health.